Saturday, October 25, 2014

ODO 6376 Miles

Ah, gotta keep the car clean - it is absolutely filthy right now. This was probably the last time we washed the car. Just doing my part for the California water crisis. But I'm not sure how long I can hold out. I saw a statistic today at the 16th Annual West Basin Water Harvest that if you decrease the number of times you wash your car by half, you can save a lot of water (go ahead and roll your eyes - I forgot exactly how much). I want to save water but can I find a balanced approach? I did a little searching and came to the conclusion that it is not easy to find a drought-friendly way to wash the car. The best way seems to be driving your car onto your lawn and using an automatic shut-off hose with environmentally friendly soap. Alas, I don't have a lawn so I can't drive my car onto my lawn and kill two birds with one stone. Maybe I'll just borrow my neighbor's lawn. Or wait for the next rain to hit LA. When will that be? Not any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment