Tuesday, November 18, 2014

ODO 6939 miles

What kind of electric car am I?

The Sierra Club has a snazzy web tool called 'pick-a-plug-in' to determine whether or not an electric car will work for you. So, I decided to give it a spin to see what the Sierra Club would pick for me. Would it be a Leaf? Would it be a Tesla? I was genuinely curious to see how my habits would line up with the benefits and attributes of the chosen EV. So, let's see what the inputs are in this matchmaking process.

Right now, my drive is mostly local. Requirements are: four seats and all electric. I have access to another vehicle for long trips and electrical outlet. Drum roll for the results......A variety of choices, including the Mercedes Benz, Tesla, Ford Focus, Mitsubishi i, Leaf, Ford Focus, Fiat e and Spark. I'm glad that my own car made the list. But, when my drive is more than 70 miles a day (i.e. I become fully employed again), the only car on the list is a Tesla. Well, that's not happening. I'll have to cross that bridge when it comes. Until then, I'll be driving my sporty Spark around and spreading the word about it.

Now it's your turn.
What kind of electric car are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment