Monday, December 15, 2014

ODO 7488 miles

I've passed 1000 views! 1024 page views as of today. That is sooo amazing. I've been writing every week (more or less) with 27 posts since 5/19/2014. That's almost 40 views a post. I never thought my esoteric thoughts about a tiny electric car that runs on solar power would attract any viewers, besides my loving husband who likes a quick something to read on the train. Well, it seems like there might be few more people that enjoy a quick read on solar powered electric vehicles. So if anyone is interested in taking my Net Zero EV for a spin around the block, I'll be home for Christmas!

What other accomplishments have been achieved over the lifetime of this blog? Well, since the installation of the solar panels, we have generated 1.41 Megawatts of electricity. That is the amount of electricity needed to light the Eiffel Tower for 7  hours! So, you're welcome Paris. Or, on a more practical note, it is the electricity needed to run our refrigerator for 10 months. Just the first step to a complete Net Zero lifestyle.

And what about the impact of driving an electric car for 7 months instead of a gas guzzler (maybe one that gets 21 mpg)? According to the EPA, my Net Zero EV has saved about 3.2 metric tons of CO2 from being released into the environment. Not too shabby.

So, thanks for stopping by! Stay tuned for next week's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment