Thursday, July 31, 2014

ODO 4688 miles

A rolling stone gathers no moss. But what about stone that rolls back and forth, and back and forth again? The original proverb is credited to the ancient latin slave turned writer Publilius Syrus and generally means, to me, that we shouldn't live a static life. And now, Southern California Edison has officially declared that our electricity meter will be rolling back and forth and back and forth. Our meter will roll backwards as our solar panels generate electricity throughout the day and then forwards as we use that electricity when we get home in the evening.  The program is called Net Energy Metering. How will this work for My Net Zero EV? In a typical case where the solar panel system is designed to meet the electrical need of the customer, a single bill or check would be sent to the customer on an annual basis. But my solar system is sized for my EV, not my house, so it is quite possible that I will be getting a pretty large bill at the end of the year. I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, my meter will roll back and forth while my wheels keep rollin' (cue the music).

No comments:

Post a Comment