Wednesday, September 24, 2014

ODO 5645 miles

The fun just didn't stop last week. It was a double whammy: National #DriveElectric Week and the People's Climate March. What a turn out (the largest climate march in history)! I am going to borrow their tag line: To Change Everything, We Need Everyone. I After last week, I'm feeling pretty positive about the future and the possibility of power of the committed. As Goethe said (maybe?) "Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."

Case in point: I spent last Friday at the 9th Annual Alt Car Expo in Santa Monica, continuing my non-stop EV test driving run. Let me tell you, BMW knows how to create a driving experience. The i3 was my favorite ride of the day. But I was even more impressed by Volts Wattson and Team Marine! A team of dedicated high school students and their tireless teacher have converted a 1971 candy apple red VW Super Beetle into an electric car named Volts Wattson. I spoke with a team member about their project, which is a perfect storm of issues I am passionate about: STEM Education, Learn-by-Doing Teaching Philosophy and Environmental Activism. Now, that is how we will engage everyone to commit to making a difference. Cue the music: The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment