Thursday, June 26, 2014

ODO 4278 miles

So, permits are still in review at Culver City Building and Safety Division. I'm not that great at waiting but at least it has provided some inspiration. I decided to take a look at Culver City's policies on solar photovoltaics. Since 2008, all new construction, additions and major renovations of 10,000 square feet and greater requires the installation of 1 kW of solar photovoltaic power per 10,000 square feet. My first reaction was "That sounds great." But I'm wondering how many project owners are choosing to pay the fee instead of installing the solar panels - I feel like I have seen at least two projects that likely met the square footage requirement but have no solar on the rooftop. Nonetheless, some of the language in the ordinance (Ordinance 2008-       ) is pretty nice: "Wheras, solar photovoltaic power generation consumes no fossil fuels, generates no fossil fuels and will therefore increase energy efficiency and will reduce air pollution in the Los Angeles Basin and Culver City;" There you go. Just doing my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment